I set up a
new committee at our school, the ‘Passive Arts’ committee. We already had
dance, music, film, fine arts etc. but some people just like to watch. Our
first project was to go to a show of Hans van Maanen, our countries most successful
and most famous choreographer, who celebrates his 80th birthday this
year. For this occasion, the National Ballet goes through the country to
perform four of his best pieces.
I came across a discount on facebook, which meant we could attend this amazing
performance for only 10 Euros. Normally, tickets are 40, so that was a big
deal! I got about 25 people enthusiastic, and I was quite proud of that because
ballet is unfortunately really not popular amongst people our age. Dylan came
along as well, and though he didn’t understand the story (it’s modern ballet
and it’s not all that obvious for anyone..) he really enjoyed it too.
The four pieces themselves were really impressive, I had never really seen a
modern ballet before, only classical ones. The movements were quite different
but I still recognized the basics. It also made me miss ballet a lot, I’ve
danced ever since I was six, until this summer. Maybe I can find a school here
sometime. The choreography was really good, as well as the dancers who
performed it. It was quite minimalist, but that made it very strong too. I
especially enjoyed the second piece, which was really fast and technically
demanding. It was so cool to see what those people can do with their bodies!
All in all, we had a fantastic night. Here is a clip with the highlights from the show we've seen, I recommend watching it!


0 reacties:
Een reactie posten